Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing with Cry Detection Technology, Birdie Review
Listen carefully and do not let anybody tell you differently: You need a baby swing. Unless your baby is one of the rare babies who does not love to be rocked and soothed a whole lot, you will come to cherish and love your baby swing. Sometimes, it will be the only way that you can get your baby to stop crying.
This product, however, is more than a swing. It is both a swing and a bouncy seat, also happens to vibrate. We can call it a “Jack of all Trades” of the baby swing world, guys. Let’s check out the details…
Basic Information about the Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing
- Soothes with the same gentle motion you use when cuddling and comforting baby in your nursery glider
- Swing seat doubles as a bouncer, giving you flexibility to move around the house while keeping baby comfy and close-by
- Ingenious frame design uses 40% less space than other leading swings, so it fits easily in any room
- In bouncer mode, the convenient carry-handle makes it simple to keep baby by your side
- Plug in or use batteries
- 3 modes for different types of motion.
Pros and Cons of the Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing
1. It so much more than just a swing.
This is a baby glider that doubles as a bouncer. The truth is, the more things that you can get in the house that are pulling double duty, the better you are. You will be overwhelmed by the amount of room your baby takes as it is. Babies have lots of toys and products and soon the house will be filled with brightly colored plastic balls and baby bottles and pacifiers. The fact that you can use this product for multiple purposes is a huge selling point for any mom who wants to save space.
2. It uses 40% less space than most swings.
So, moms who want to save space, you will get double the products for almost half of the “footprint” on your house. Apartment dwellers, take note!
3. It soothes in 3 ways: gliding motion, bouncy seat, and 2 vibration speeds.
You can find which one your baby loves the most. Or, it may just depend on their mood. You will likely figure out that when they are hungry, they like one setting and when they are tired, another.
4. The plush body support can be detached to have room for your growing baby.
It is not difficult at all to adjust as your baby grows.
5. The light shielding cover has two soft toys, 10 classic melodies and 5 nature sounds.
Babies will enjoy the music and sounds, as well as developing eye coordination skills as they attempt to focus, and perhaps even grab for, the mobile toys.
6. The 5-point harness keeps baby snug and secure and gives you peace of mind.
The worst fear of any parent is for their child to be injured which is why this product is so secure. Straps going over the hips and the shoulders and meet in the middle, much like a car seat.
1. This swing may be a bit low to the ground if you suffer from knee or back problems and do not want to have to stoop to grab baby. Or, if your baby is a very light sleeper, they may wake when being lifted from or put into a low place.
2. There are lots of pieces and it does take a little while to assembly. But, assembly is easy and the instructions are very clear.
3. This swing is quite pricey BUT if you have more than one kid, plan on having more than one kid, run a daycare or just need a seat that will last forever and become your “go to” then this is the product for you. It is beautiful, and looks great in your home, as well. So, it has enough great features and capabilities to make it worth the money.
FAQs about the Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing
Will my baby be secure? Is the swing totally safe?
This is usually question number one about pretty much and product from any parents. And, the answer is yes. The deep seat combined with the ultra-secure five point harness keep baby upright, comfortable and totally safe. You will find that the baby is absolutely snug as a little bug in there.
Is it really easy to move from place to place? Can my swing go outside?
Yes. It weighs more than a car seat, but not much more and can be carried low to the ground as you move about. You can even take in and outside depending on what you have going on. The flexibility and versatility of this product is absolutely one of the best things about it.
How old does my baby have to be to use the swing?
ASAP. It’s not something that they have to wait on. And, you will find that it is an invaluable tool with a newborn in your home. It’s a day one lifesaver that you will use over and over again.
Can the baby sleep in it overnight? Why do people get worried about it?
This is not suggested for anything more than short naps. An infant should sleep in a crib. This keeps their neck, head and back healthy as well as prevents SIDS.
When will my baby grow out of it? How long will we use it?
You will know. The baby will cry and not want to stay in, or begin to lean forward and look as though they are trying to dive out of the seat. As their necks and backs get stronger, they will want to sit up more and be able to see what you are doing. Most babies love their swings until they are about 10 months old, give or take.
The Final Verdict
This is an investment, for sure, but it is likely one worth making. It is a great product with an innovative design that is not really out there anywhere else. The dual uses and purposes, as well as the carry handle, make this thing a godsend for the busy mom with a newborn. Every parent knows that babies love to be with mommy and daddy. They want to watch you shower, eat, type, and do whatever it is that you are doing. When they can be with you, they feel happy and secure and will not become as fussy in the seat wanting you to hold them.
The fact that you can use it as a swing or a seat that bounces is ingenious. There is nothing more exhausting than trying one thing after another, moving your baby around as you attempt to find your way through the maze of jumpers, and pack and plays that litter your home. But, this seat allows you to try a plethora of tactics all from one spot. No more running from the swing to the bouncer to the vibrating seat.