Best Space Heater of 2020.
Getting the best space heater is a very important task if you live in a cold place. “Why is it so important” you might ask? Well, most modern space heaters are electric, which comes with a lot of implications if you pick the wrong one. Some of them are not even safe! That’s why we did some research to find only the best space heaters you can get in 2020.
If winter is coming, and you think you’ll need one, why not pick the best and be ready for winter in years to come? Let’s get started!
See Also :
- Best Pellet Stove Reviews & Ultimate Buying Guide 2020
- Dehumidifier for Bathroom Reviews & Ultimate Buying Guide 2020
Best Space Heater on The Market 2020 Reviews
1. Lasko CD08200 Small Portable Ceramic Space Heater – best low-priced heater.
Starting with the smallest space heater of the list, this is a very convenient design from Lasko. It’s advertised as a space heater for bathrooms; still, we loved to use it as a desktop heater. It’s simple, compact, easy to use, and its price is also the smallest on the list.
Also, Lasko is a very reliable brand, and you shouldn’t find any trouble if something’s wrong with your heater.
There are two downsides to this product. Obviously, due to it being compact, you won’t be able to heat up a room that’s too big. It’s great for small rooms, desktops, bathrooms, and more alike. It’s also awesome to keep pets warm, and it’s safe to place it around them.
The second downside is that it doesn’t have a lot of options to control the temperature. Aside from that, you get a reliable heat source for roughly 40 bucks!
- Great price!
- Small, lightweight, and overall convenient.
- A reliable source of heat in close range.
- Not good for big rooms.
This is the perfect space heater for small places and if you’re on a budget.
2. Lasko 6405 Designer Oscillating Heater – good classic design.
If you’re looking for a stylized heater, the Lasko designer oscillating heater is your best option. Yet another from Lasko, this heater is efficient and looks better than most. This also comes with an oscillating function, which means it will easily spread the heat throughout the room.
Another advantage of this design is its size; it’s also compact, lightweight, and easy to take around your house as you move from room to room. This is the best way of saving money with your electric bill. It’s easy to set it up, as it comes with two temperature settings and a 7-hour timer.
Even though it’s bigger than the last option, it’s not the best to heat up big rooms either.
- It comes with a small price tag (similar to the last one).
- Slightly more potent than the last one.
- Still lightweight and quiet.
- Comes with more customizable settings.
- It comes with a weird smell out of the package (it goes away with use though).
Yet another good pick for small rooms and at a convenient price. It has better customization options to make rooms cozy!
3. DeLonghi HMP 1500 Mica Panel Heater – best bang for your buck.
DeLonghi, another big name if you’re looking for a space heater, made this Mica Panel heater. It’s a simple but effective panel heater that won’t disappoint you. This design is quiet, easy to set up and put anywhere. It comes with the advantage of panel design, so you can easily set it up anywhere, without it occupying much space. We like it as an option to customize spaces around your house. Simply attach it to any wall and you’re set. You can configure run time easily. Finally, it doesn’t consume as much energy as others on this list. In the high heat setting, it consumes up to 1350-watts, whereas others consume 1500-watts. Not a big difference, but it does make a difference in the electric bill at the end of the month.
This one is not perfect either, though. Even though it’s not the heaviest, it’s not entirely easy to move it around. That’s why we recommend that you set it in one place. The good thing is that you can easily buy several and distribute them around the house. The other downside is that it’s not that good for big rooms, even though it’s still better than the last two.
- Easy to use.
- Great price under 100 bucks.
- Good to buy several and distribute them around the house.
- Not as potent as others.
It’s great for small rooms and good for medium-sized rooms. It’s also good for lowering electric bills.
4. Duraflame DFS-550-21-BLK Maxwell Electric Stove with Heater – awesome classic design.
Now, if you want to create a smooth, relaxed, and cozy environment in any room of your house, this heater from Duraflame is what you need. This is a very unique and modern heater, created with a “classic” appearance in mind. It’s made out of metal, which adds more to its value. It’s also very effective keeping rooms cozy, with a dim red light that emulates burning embers, and that makes rooms more comfortable somehow.
We highly recommend this one if you want to heat a room without damaging its classic appearance or décor.
It comes with few noticeable downsides, like that it’s not entirely cool to the touch, or that the cord is a little bit short, or that it’s a little louder than others in this list. Aside from that, it should offer you a good experience.
- Great for medium-sized spaces.
- Good price.
- Good-looking design.
- Dim-light; great to create a cozy atmosphere.
- It does get hot to the touch. Not insanely hot, but it says it is “cool to the touch”. Don’t fall for that!
Better than the last ones. It heats up more space, it’s safe to use, and it provides a dim-light which improves the experience of use.
5. DeLonghi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater – most silent heater.
Yet another product from DeLonghi, this oil-filled radiator is a good solution to your heating issues.
This is the most efficient space heater you can get for under 60 bucks. It’s small but quite powerful with its performance. It can heat up properly a medium-sized room, but it takes a while to do so. It’s also easy to use, easy to move around, lightweight and doesn’t occupy a lot of space. Configuring this bad boy takes a minute and you’ll have a cozy room after a while. It’s also very quiet. Another good perk of this radiator is that it doesn’t augment your electric bill a lot, even though it’s an efficient heater.
- It’s efficient both to heat up and save energy (and money) while doing so.
- It’s quiet, lightweight, and doesn’t occupy a lot of space.
- Also, it’s safe to use with kids and pets around.
- Since it’s not big, it takes a while to heat up medium-sized rooms.
If you’re looking to heat up a medium-sized room, this is the best one you can get!
6. PELONIS PHTPU1501 Ceramic Tower 1500W – Best Indoor Space Heater
The fourth-place goes to Peloni’s ceramic tower heater. This heater is based in; you guessed it, ceramic heating which is very reliable and eco-friendly. We love this one because it’s very efficient to heat medium to small rooms. The difference is that this one comes with a very convenient timer, led indicators, and oscillation functions, which makes it considerably better than the last ones of similar design, even from the same brand.
It’s very convenient in many ways. The only downside for this heater is its price. It’s a little pricey when compared to others on the list.
- Efficient, silent, and very reliable.
- It’s lightweight and doesn’t occupy a lot of space.
- It’s easy to set up and comes with a very convenient timer.
- It’s a little pricey.
This one is the best heater you can get from Pelonis! It’s a little overpriced, but it’s also the last heater you’ll ever need!
7. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater – cheapest infrared heater for big rooms.
The Dr. Infrared Heater is a very interesting space heater within the $100 range. It’s great for medium-sized rooms, but it’s probably too much, so it’s better suited for slightly bigger ones.
Getting this one is never a bad idea because its efficient, quiet, easy to configure, and move around. It has wheels, so you can move it around easily. It’s a little bigger than the ones mentioned before, so if you’re thinking of lightweight and portable, this might not be the best option.
Another great thing about this one is that it comes with a remote, meaning you can set it up in a corner and control it from afar. Also, it comes with different temperatures to pick from, so you can pick the one that suits you better. It doesn’t get more convenient than that!
The downside though, is that it’s a little heavy when compared to others, and it’s a spender. It can pump up your electric bill by doing an amazing job nonetheless.
- Very efficient infrared heater; it can easily heat up to 800 square feet!
- It doesn’t occupy much space (but it’s not compact either!)
- Its price is amazing considering how effective it is.
- Rather heavy.
- It spends a lot of energy.
You’ll save a lot of money buying it. You will heat up a lot of space easily and quickly, so you won’t be cold during winter. But you will also weep a little when the electric bill arrives!
8. Lifesmart 6 Element Infrared Heater – most efficient infrared heater on the list.
This is another infrared heater that’s very efficient, sleek-looking, and fully customizable. We love this one from Lifesmart because it’s a simple design, which goes great with minimalistic trends. Also, this is one of the best to save energy and money every month, thanks to its 500-watt eco setting. It comes with similar settings to the others, and it’s a very powerful heater in the max temperature setting, heating up medium-sized rooms. It takes a little longer to heat up bigger ones.
It also comes with remote control for added convenience. Finally, it’s also the only one that’s efficient to maintain moisture levels. Other heaters can dry the air, which is not beneficial for people and pets.
- Highly efficient space heater.
- Saves energy and money easily.
- It comes with a sleek design.
- It’s not the smallest or lightest one you can get.
Highly efficient space heater and definitely among the best ones you can get. It’s not lightweight though and it occupies more space than any of the last ones.
9. Dyson AM09 Fan Heater – overall best space heater!
Finally, the heavy hitter on this list is the Dyson Fan heater. This one comes with a sleek, modern design, and high-tech-looking approach that we can’t get enough of. This is the only one that you can use to heat up rooms and cool them down as well during summer. It’s also the safest one you can use with kids and pets around, since it doesn’t have heating parts, nor spinning blades.
It comes with a remote as well. There’s nothing more to add! The design is simple, straightforward, and easy to use. The only possible downside is its price: it’s the most expensive one you can get.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Easy to use and comes with a remote.
- Beautiful and sleek design.
- Safest heater on the list.
- Very efficient in all the relevant aspects.
- It’s pricey (but totally worth it!)
This is the best space heater you can get for your house. It’s safe, easy to use, and you move around and place it wherever you want. Highly recommended!
We’ve seen a lot of unsatisfied customers when researching for this review. Why? Because they didn’t find a space heater that satisfied their needs! This list was created with the most common needs in mind, so you don’t have to work hard to find out yourself, through trial and error, which is the best one. Did you find a possible candidate? Let us know in the comments!