Best Home Gym Equipment
Imagine coming from work looking forward to a rigorous workout at your local gym. Being the jolly good fellow that you are, you can’t help but wave at familiar faces on your way. While walking toward the gym, you catch a glimpse of a sale of the best home gym equipment.
But before you have time to take a prober peek, the beautiful sound of iron plates clapping like a choir distracts you. Your chest starts throbbing as you near the gym entrance Then once you get there, you get a notice on the door stating that the government has directed every business to shut down courtesy of the infamous COVID-19 pandemic.
Well, that was me on the day I regretted never snubbing the idea of starting a home gym. But what’s a home gym? You might ask. Those who don’t know what a home gym is can simply picture it as a secluded area in a home dedicated to fitness. Some of us ‘gym rats’ often refer to it as a multie.
Your multie can come in the form of an empty room, a store, or a garage. A multie can go from having a full set of equipment to having a mat, a few bars, and a skipping rope. What I’m saying is, a home gym doesn’t have to have expensive equipment. The latter is the whole point of writing this review, giving you a list of the best equipment in your home gym.
If you’re in a hurry, below are our top picks for best home gym equipment:
- NordicTrack T Series Treadmills (6.5S, 6.5Si, 7.5S, 8.5S, 9.5S Models)
- Fitnessery Ab Wheel Roller for Best Home Gym Abs Workout
- BodyBoss 2.0 – Full Portable Home Gym Equipment Workout Package
- TRX GO Suspension Training: Bodyweight Fitness Resistance Training
- RENRANRING Resistance Bands Set
- Complete Yoga Set Kit 7-Piece
- Sonic Boom M2 High Speed Jump Rope – Patent Pending Self-Locking, Screw-Free Design
- Powerblock Elite Dumbbells
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
- Yes4All Slam Balls 10-40lbs for Strength and Crossfit Workout
- DYNAPRO Exercise Stability Ball – Extra Thick Eco-Friendly & Anti-Burst Material
- Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
- LuxFit Premium High-Density Foam Roller
- Perfect Fitness Perfect Pushup Elite
- Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar
Best Home Gym Setup
Before you even think of getting the equipment for your multie, the first thing you need to figure out is the setup. First, you’ll start by asking yourself this question; what am I trying to accomplish with this home gym? Is it for cardio, yoga, or full-blown workout regime? These questions will give you a vague idea of how and where to set up your multie. But, there are a few basics that you might want to follow. These include the following:
- Great ventilation.
- Less congestion.
- Free from the reach of children.
Once you’ve made sure that your location has checked three of those questions, then you can go ahead and start looking for the right equipment.
Top 15 Best Home Gym Equipment on The Market Reviews
Below is a list of the best gym equipment for home use. Feel free to pick the ones that not only tickle your fancy but the home workout equipment list that you afford:
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-month individual...
- 10 % OneTouch incline control; 10 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; With iFit, your...
- SMART-Response Motor for effective speed, interval, and endurance training; 20” x...
Are you scared of falling off a treadmill? If your answer is yes, then you have nothing to be ashamed of because you’re not alone. The first time is usually scary because the danger of missing your step and falling off is real. That’s why the designed the NordicTrack T Series treadmill.
This brand of treadmill comes in five different models. The latter allows you to choose the one that tickles your fancy the most. But I have to warn you, all of those models are built to perfection and it might be hard to make a choice. The NordicTrack t series treadmills come with a smart response, which makes it easy for you to either slow down or increase the speed. The latter is what makes it safe for newbies like yourself (I presume).
Its dimensions of 73” x 36” x 54” means you can fit it even in the smallest multie and still enjoy some room. it also comes with a powerful motor that is not only silent but is powerful enough to carry a couple hundred pounds of humanity without caving in. some other scintillating features include the following:
- The treadmill’s dimensions are as follows: 73” X 36” X 54”.
- The smart response, 2.6 CHP motor, has a top speed of 10mph. The latter makes it arguably the Best Home Gym Equipment for effective fat loss.
- It has a 1.9” roller.
- The treadmill is definitely one of the Best Home Gym Equipment because of many reasons. One of them is how easy it is to use.
- The treadmill is also narrow, meaning it can fit in the tiniest spaces you may have in the home.
- The dual 2-inch speakers connected to the auxiliary music port will improve your running experience 10X.
- It comes in five different models, which gives you an excellent variety to choose from.
- The controls are all one-touch, which makes working out less stressful.
- It can support up to 300 pounds of weight without breaking.
- Not everyone can dish out $726.77 for the treadmill as it may be way too expensive for their comfort.
- I wasn’t happy with having to go to iFit.com to register because it cost me another $15 I wasn’t planning on spending.
If you’re still juggling home gym ideas, you might want to start by getting this treadmill. Since it makes running enjoyable, you’re likely to start seeing results, especially when you couple it with proper dieting. And that’s why it makes the list of the Best Home Gym Equipment. So, hurry up and get one today!
- ★ SCULPT YOUR AB: Fitnessery ab roller acts as your personal fitness trainer -...
- ★ SUPERIOR QUALITY: Train with one of the most effective pieces of home exercise...
- ★ 3 FREE BONUS GIFTS: Each purchase includes three incredible extras. 1) A...
The Fitnessery Ab Roller is a beautifully assembled home exercise equipment. But don’t let the cuteness fool you into thinking its fragile. Besides the stainless-steel wheel frame, both the rubber lining and the EVA foam lining the handles are durable. The lifetime warranty on this remarkably built roller only goes to show how amazing it is. Below are some of its salient features:
- The ab wheel is fashioned out of hardened stainless steel for durability.
- The rubber lining on the ab wheel is made of soft but sturdy non-slip PVC.
- The handles are covered by the non-toxic EVA foam that’s not only safe but comfortable on your palms.
- The roller is very affordable, thus perfect for training.
- Comes with a free knee pad, a free eBook on ab exercises, and another for nutrition. The latter makes it arguably the Best Home Gym Equipment.
- It’s quite light and small, thus extremely portable.
- It has a lifetime money-back guarantee, which can only point to the product’s highest quality.
- It doesn’t come with a color option, which would’ve tickled the fancy of many with favorite colors.
I don’t need to reiterate that this roller is arguably the best equipment for a home gym. First, its affordable, meaning you can get one without having to break the bank. It’s also easy to use. Don’t believe me? Why won’t you get yours today and become the best at home gym workout regimes in a matter of hours?
- BRING THE GYM TO YOU + SIMULATE 1,000s OF DOLLARS WORTH OF GYM EQUIPMENT: The...
- AMAZON BONUS: Free Start Up Workout Program (optional). We will help you learn your...
- OVER $1,000,000 RAISED ON KICKSTARTER & INDIEGOGO: When designing the BodyBoss...
The BodyBoss 2.0 is the perfect definition of the proper, best at home gym equipment. Besides being extremely portable, you can use it to simulate most exercises you usually do in your standard gym. Below are a few features that make the BodyBoss 2.0 one of the best home gym gadgets today:
- Comes with 2-4 bands that offer excellent resistance. If you couple regular exercise on this equipment with proper dieting, you won’t need a gym membership again.
- The bands on this brand are designed to be quite resistant. The latter is one of the many reasons BodyBoss 2.0 makes it to the Best Home Gym Equipment list.
- It can be adjusted for resistance, thus making it intensive workouts, especially for fat loss.
- Its collapsible design makes it arguably the Best Home Gym Equipment, especially when it comes to convenience.
- It’s much safer to use for squats than the traditional bar and weights.
- It’s quite portable.
- It comes in two versions; one with two straps and the other with four.
- It only comes in blue. Thankfully, the latter isn’t enough to knock it off the Best Home Gym Equipment list.
- Most of the amateurs often complain of a lack of ideas besides squatting. Perhaps a workout DVD, in addition to the free startup program, would’ve been helpful.
There are many reasons as to why the BodyBoss makes it to the best home workout equipment list. Besides its affordability, it is very portable and easy to use. So, if you are stuck in the house because of the quarantine and are wondering what to do? Maybe it’s time you ordered BodyBoss online!
- OUR LIGHTEST, MOST CONVENIENT TRAVEL TRAINER! TRX’s GO Suspension Trainer Kit helps...
- INCREDIBLE RESULTS IN JUST 20 MINUTES! TRX gives you the power to hit fitness goals...
- MOVEMENT-BASED TRAINING AT YOUR OWN PACE is TRX's Training Philosophy. Learn,...
The TRX a meticulously designed equipment that can be used to spruce up your at home workouts. Despite being incredibly lightweight, the gadget can be carried around with ease. The latter means you can use your TRX to work out at home or at work. The device can also support hefty weights without slipping. Here are some of the features you ought to know about the TRX:
- Comes with two workout guides.
- TRX anchors are designed to fit just about anywhere.
- Comes with a locking loop that effectively prevents slipping.
- The foot cradles are designed to offer maximum stability.
- Comes with integrated handles that are stable, durable, and comfortable.
- It’s retrofitted with a locking carabineer for security purposes.
- It can support up to 350 lbs.
- It’s lightweight (15.8 ounces.), thus quite easy to carry.
- The rubber used on this equipment is natural to clean, explaining why the TRX makes it to the Best Home Gym Equipment list.
- Despite being arguably the Best Home Gym Equipment, the TRX only comes in one color, thus lacking variety.
If you’re looking to work out at home but don’t know where to start, id strongly advise you to start out with the TRX. The TRX is not only affordable but also comes with two newbie-friendly workout manuals.
- 【YOUR OWN PERSONAL HOME GYM】: Color-coded and individually labeled, suitable for...
- 【13PC STANDARD RESISTANCE BANDS SET】: Includes 5 color-coded premium metal clip...
- 【100% NATURAL LATEX】: Made of the highest quality & eco-friendly natural latex...
The RENRANRING Resistance Bands Set is, without a doubt, one of the best in home gym workout gear you might need. The package comes with 13 different straps to help you with a plethora of your home workouts. Each strap comes with a visible label on it to avoid confusion. While others are used for exercising, others are used for either safety purposes or with other fitness equipment for home use.
- The straps are double-layered for durability. So, you can always count on whether you’re using the straps for muscle building or fat loss exercises. That’s why they are arguably the Best Home Gym Equipment sets out there.
- These bands come with a carrying bag that’s 1X waterproof.
- The bands are color-coded, with each color carrying specific weight capacity. These include the black (40lbs), yellow (10lbs), green (30lbs), blue (20lbs), and red (50lbs).
- A blend of high-quality silicone and latex is used on the bands to ensure improved elasticity without deformity or snapping.
- Comes with two soft ankle straps, two cushioned grip handles, and a sturdier hook.
- The resistance makes the bands perfect for training. And that’s why the brand will always make it to the Best Home Gym Equipment list.
- The bands are designed to be durable yet soft. The latter can only give you the ability to train comfortably and for a long time.
- The bands are multipurpose.
- Avid lifters have complained of the metal ring during training. But that doesn’t seem to be an issue with most of us average lifters.
If you’re planning on buying home fitness equipment for your multie, these bands might be the right place to start. They make it to the Best Home Gym Equipment list because they are quite easy to use when improvising.
6. Complete Yoga Set Kit 7–Piece – Best Home Gym Equipment
- PERFORM MOVEMENTS COMFORTABLY ON OUR BEST SELLING MAT: The BetterGrip Yoga Mat has...
- THE MOST COMPLETE SET ON AMAZON: Other beginner yoga kit only contain four, five or...
- ORDER TODAY, RISK FREE: We love our customers! Our mission is to bring you the best...
The complete yoga set kit 7-piece that everyone (and their grandmother) needs in their home gym. Unlike most equipment on this coveted list, this remarkably72” X 25.25” extra-cushy yoga mat doesn’t need an instruction manual to use. It also comes with a plethora of uses. These include pushups, sit ups, and other core and lower back workouts. Its luxurious design will tickle your fancy right before its high-level comfort overwhelms you.
After a rigorous workout, you can always lay on it and stretch. Once you’re done with your workout, you can always enjoy the towels that are soft on your skin. The features of this brand include the following:
- Comes with a non-slip feature that makes it safe for you during your yoga/cardio sessions.
- The yoga mat is 6mm thick, which makes it extremely comfortable against your body.
- Its dimensions are as follows: 72” X 25 ¼ “.
- The set contains a mat, towel, yoga hand towel, two yoga blocks, a yoga strap, a mat towel, and a free carrying case. All of these pieces match colors.
- The yoga strap is made of 100% cotton.
- Comes in five different colors, which matches the Best Home Gym Equipment you may have. These colors include purple, pink, blue, green, and gray.
- The free carrying case makes this remarkable at home gym equipment quite portable.
- This remarkable yoga set is quite affordable.
- Contains up to seven different equipment, which makes training a tad easier.
- Some buyers have complained about the size of the matt being too light and flimsy. They claim the set shouldn’t be shortlisted for the Best Home Gym Equipment because of the mat curl’s sides.
This yoga set was featured in The Yoga Journal Best Of 2016 Yoga Props Accessories. If that’s not reason enough to have it in your home gym, I have no words to convince you to go get it. That said, I highly recommend it, and it definitely makes it in my Best Home Gym Equipment 2020 list.
- SUPER SONIC SPEED – Prepare to crush it like never before with the NEW and improved...
- KILL IT QUALITY – Premium grade, 360-degree ball bearings? Check! Silicone,...
- DON’T SCREW IT UP – Sick of loose screws that fall out just as you’re getting...
The Sonic Boom M2 High Speed Jump Rope is a home gym equipment that you should strive to own. Its sleek design, coupled with lightweight, makes it the perfect gym equipment for home workouts.
- The grips contain anti-slip silicon.
- The rope is retrofitted with premium grade ball bearings.
- Comes with a free carrying case.
- Contains 10 ft—long custom-made, polymer-coated cables. The latter feature makes it one of the very Best Home Gym Equipment on the market.
- Has a self-locking mechanism that eliminates the hustle that comes with regular screwing.
- It comes with a self-locking mechanism that makes it arguably the Best Home Gym Equipment for training.
- It’s incredibly affordable.
- The lifetime warranty slapped on this brand only goes to show of its top-notch quality.
- It’s only available in two colors, carbon black and red blaze. Thankfully, the latter isn’t enough to oust the rope out of my Best Home Gym Equipment 2020 list.
Having two of these badasses in my home gym, I would highly recommend that you get them for the reasons stated above. It also happens to be a home workout equipment that you can carry around with ease.
8. Powerblock Elite Dumbbells – Best Home Gym Equipment
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Weight range of 5-50 lbs per hand; Increments: 2.5 (adder weight), 5, 7.5, 10,15,...
- Replaces 16 pairs of dumbbells / 825lbs of weights
The Powerblock Elite Dumbbells are a personal favorite for many when it comes to home training. When you choose to exercise at home, it’s always a good idea for you to find multipurpose equipment. Doing so will not only make you enjoy a less congested home exercise area but will also save you a lot of money. Some of the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells’ features are as follows:
- Comes with 5 different expansion kits. These include the 50lbs, 70lbs, 90lbs, 50-70lbs, and 70-90lbs. Each package has a set of 5. The weights can be changed with ease. The latter is why these dumbbells make it to the Best Home Gym Equipment list.
- The dimensions of each block are 12” by 6” by 6”.
- The Elite 50 Stage 2 and 3 expansion kits allow easy changing up to 90lbs per hand.
- Comes with 16 different weight settings.
- The weights are so easy to change, thus wasting little to no time at all.
- With this legit equipment, you won’t need a rack filled with dumbbells.
- Its decade long warranty points to the equipment’s fantastic quality.
- The paint job on this equipment is pleasing to the eye.
- Its 50lbs weight can be too heavy for some, especially amateurs.
It’s no coincidence that some of the best home gym ideas always suggest these amazingly convenient dumbbells. Therefore, if you’re looking to start somewhere, then the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells are an excellent place to start.
- Assembly required
- Assembled dimensions: 31”L x 19”W x 46”H | Folded Dimensions: 22” L x 20” W...
- Easily adjustable to fit users 5’3” to 6’1”. Supports up to 300 lbs.
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse is another home exercise equipment you should check out. Its small surface area is what makes it the best equipment for a home gym. Below are some of its salient features:
- Its dimensions are as follows: 31” by 19” by 46”.
- Comes with an easy-to-read, 3.3” by 1.5” display monitor.
- Its characterized by an 8 Level Magnetic Tension Control. The latter feature allows you to switch to different resistance training effortlessly.
- The seat can be adjusted from 5’3” to 6’1” with ease.
- The leg stabilizers are designed for stability and comfort.
- The exercise bike has a compact design. The latter will encourage you to perform best at home gym workouts since you won’t be worrying about congestion.
- It can support up to 300 pounds of weight, making it perfect for weight loss and related cardio.
- The 2 AA batteries will need to be replaced regularly. The later can be hectic to some.
There are many reasons this particular exercise bike will make you the best at home gym workouts. For starters, it is very comfortable and stable. These will allow you to work your hardest without worrying about falling off or shaking. It’s also affordable, which is why you need to get one in your multie today!
- Enhancing traction with larger tread: New design of larger tread offers an easy and...
- Sand innards makes it less bouncy: This version of weighted balls is great for...
- Boost workout to another level with the mesmerizing glossy cover: Our newest and...
The Yes4All Slam Ball is arguably one of the best at home gym equipment for many reasons. For starters, it’s one of the few that can help you burn fat while building muscle simultaneously. Some of the features that make it one of the best home gym gadgets to have in your possession includes the following:
- This arguably the Best Home Gym Equipment contains sand innards. The sand makes it bounce less when it comes in contact with the ground.
- Comes in two colors. These include blue, black, and dynamic black.
- It comes in five different styles. These include the 10lbs, 15lbs,25lbs,30lbs, and 40lbs.
- The outer shell has a seamless design for grip and longevity.
- The ball is perfect for building muscle as well as burning fat.
- The outer layer of the ball is heavily textured for durability as well as grip.
- Comes with a yearlong warranty.
- Helps in many exercises such as squats, Russian twists, wall slams, and overhead throws.
- The brand doesn’t come in more colors other than the two mentioned above.
- A handful has aired their dislike of the ever-shifting sand.
- The treads can be too tight, especially on untrained hands.
The whole point of working out is to be healthy and sturdy. The Yes4All Slam Ball does that quite well. And that’s why it should make it to your best home workout equipment list.
- BUILT TO LAST: Get a quick start on optimizing your health -- every box we ship...
- MADE FROM 100% RECYCLED MATERIAL: Our stability balls have a superior anti-burst...
- HEAVY DUTY ANTI-BURST RATING CAN MATCH ANY HEAVYWEIGHT: Our Exercise Ball is...
You cannot be the best in home gym training without a proper exercise ball. And that’s why DYNAPRO was created to design some of the game’s best exercise balls. Here are some of the features that prove just that:
- Comes in three colors. These include black, silver, and pink.
- Body made of durable PVC coupled with a matte surface.
- The surface of the ball is 2275 micrometers thick.
- Its body is ribbed to prevent skid-related accidents.
- Comes in four different options. These include the following: 45cm, 55cm, 65cm, and 75cm.
- You’ll get full access to private blogs, workout programs, and a private community. The latter will give you all the tips on training, dieting, etc. That’s what makes the dynamic Best Home Gym Equipment to own.
- It can support up to 2,200lbs.
- The ribbed, PVC body, is infused with a non-slip matte surface makes it safe for training.
- It’s very affordable.
- Has a plethora of uses, which include sitting, working out, or birthing.
- It only comes in three colors. Some prospective clients feel like DYNAPRO can do better.
What makes the DYNAPRO Exercise Ball in the Best Home Gym Equipment list. For starters, it is sturdy, durable, and very affordable. It’s also quite easy on the eyes, meaning you can easily accentuate the look of your multie by adding this equipment. That’s why you should go ahead and get one if you haven’t already.
- 60 plus exercises for a fully body workout
- 210 pounds of power rod resistance, upgradable to 310 pounds or 410 pounds
- Bowflex provides 7 free trainer built workout regimens
The Bowflex Blaze can be best described as a piece of all-purpose fitness equipment for home gyms. Here are some of the reasons why you’ll need to get one today.”
- There’re four Bowflex Blaze styles. These are as follows: The BOWFLEX BLAZE, the BOWFLEX PR1000, the BOWFLEX PR3000, the BOWFLEX XCEED (EXCLUSIVE), and finally, the BOWFLEX XTREME 2SE.
- Its dimensions are: 90” x 38” x 83”.
- Comes with lat band, triple function handgrip, multiple cables, ankle cuffs, and the squat bar.
- It’s designed to offer up to 210lbs of power rod resistance. The latter can be upgraded to a maximum of 410lbs.
- Comes with a bench and wheels that fold for convenience.
- It also has a sliding seat rail.
- Comes with an instructional placard.
- The machine weighs in at around 98lbs.
- Who needs a gym when the Bowflex Blaze can help you perform over 65 full-body workouts at home?
- The ability to assume different pulley positions leaves room for creativity.
- A few heavy lifters have complained about the resistance not being as advertised.
If you are looking for high quality, all-purpose workout equipment for your multie, I suggest you go for the Bowflex Blaze. Its durable, stylish, and not as expensive as starting a gym.
- FOAM ROLLERS FOR MUSCLES - High Density Foam Roller is great for Physical Therapy,...
- EXTRA FIRM FOAM ROLLER - Molded polypropylene foam technology has a 2 lbs. per cubic...
- 3 SIZES AVAILABLE FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS - 6x36, 6x18, 6x12. 36 Inch foam roller is our...
This roller from LuxFit is arguably the most straightforward, most crucial home fitness equipment you must have in your multie. The latter seems to be the case because it can be used for a lot of things. These may include yoga, exercise, and massage therapy, etc. some of the features that make the LuxFit Foam Roller unique include the following:
- Made of premium, high-density molded polypropylene foam technology with a 2 pound per cubic foot density.
- The foam is also a liquid repellant.
- Has a rigid design for stability during exercise
- Comes in three sizes. These include the 12”, 18”, and 36”.
- It’s multipurpose, thus used for both exercising and stretching.
- Comes with a creative design that doesn’t come off during exercise like most ordinary rollers.
- It’s very affordable.
- It does an excellent job prevent muscle injury.
- It’s exceptionally significant when it comes to myofascial release, especially after a rigorous workout.
- It only comes in black color. The latter doesn’t do justice to many prospective buyers who have different preferences.
With proper nutrition and dedication, the LuxFit Foam Roller can do wonders for your body. Despite being very simple in design, the roller does wonders mainly if appropriately used. That said, make sure you’re getting yours today because this brand definitely makes it to my Best Home Gym Equipment list.
- Pushup stand Designed to rotate slightly, engaging more muscles and increasing...
- Ergonomic grips help distribute weight evenly, reducing pressure Points and Joint...
- Built to last construction with smooth rotation and steel ball bearing system; Treads...
True to its name, the Perfect Pushup Elite is another inexpensive equipment you’ll need in your home gym. It’s not only designed to last but also to make them enhance your pushup experience without causing long term damage to your wrists. Below are some of its salient features you might want to know:
- Comes with ergonomic grips for perfect weight redistribution.
- It has a steel ball-bearing system for a slight movement.
- Comes with threaded handles for a firm grip during the workout.
- It’s quite inexpensive
- It’s designed to rotate slightly, thus making your pushups to be much more effective.
- It’s potable.
- The perfect pushup elite can support up to 400 pounds of weight, which is quite impressive.
- It doesn’t come in many colors, an automatic letdown for prospective buyers who come with different tastes.
I know I’m already sounding like a broken record but, the perfect pushup elite also makes it to my best home gym equipment list. The latter seems to be the case for many reasons, which include convenience. For best results, make sure you’re incorporating proper training regimes and dieting in your at home workouts, and you’ll start seeing better results. If you don’t have one, make sure you’ve got one today!
- BUILD UPPERBODY STRENGTH - This pull up bar for doorway use will tone and strengthen...
- SAFE and SECURE - Heavy-duty chrome steel doorway pull up bar and door mounts provide...
- VERSATILE USES - Get fit and strong by using the door bar for many exercises...
The Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar is perfect for upper body strength training at home. Below are a few features that justify why this pull up bar makes it in my Best Home Gym Equipment list:
- It’s fashioned out of high-quality chrome steel.
- Comes with durable screw-in door brackets.
- You’ll get 2 sets of heavy-duty brackets and a set of medium-duty brackets.
- The grips have extra-long foam for your comfort and durability during exercise.
- It can be adjusted between 26-39 inches.
- Dimensions: 27.6” by 2” by 2”.
- Weighs only 2.2 pounds.
- It’s quite inexpensive.
- It’s designed to build upper body strength without doing way too many exhaustive exercises.
- It’s perfect for performing many exercises. These include dips, pull-ups, chin-ups, crunches, and sit-ups, just to mention a few.
- It can support up to 300 pounds of weight, which is impressive.
- A few customers have reported the equipment’s tendency to come out of the socket, causing them to fall.
If you’re looking for a legit pull-up bar, this one would be such an excellent addition to your multie. Just make sure you’re following the instructions to the latter. Doing so will not only make your workouts awesome but will also keep you safe at all times.
Best Home Gym Equipment Ultimate Buying Guide
Now that you’ve had a glimpse into my best home gym equipment list let’s get to the next, equally important part. And that’s the buying guide. It’s important to note that different people have different tastes and goals. Therefore, what I find incredibly important in my home gym might not be as useful in yours. That’s why a buying guide in critical.
The latter should help you know what you need, why you need it, and how much it will cost you to get it. But before we dive into all of that, let’s first begin with the benefits of having your own multie.
Best Home Gym Equipment Benefits
By now, you ought to have a rough idea of why a multie is essential. Below are some incredible benefits why you should consider setting up your own home gym:
A home gym is just about as convenient as a home office. There are times when the weather will interfere with your workout routine, especially when you have to go to a gym. Sometimes your body will come in the way. Or maybe you’ll wake up one day only to find yourself not in the mood.
That’s when your home gym comes in handy. See, all you’ll have to do is step into the garage or spare room and do a little warmup. That quick warmup will do wonders, motivating you into finishing your entire workout without leaving the house.
It’s no secret that everyone is most comfortable in their own personal spaces. Unlike a public gym, you’ll always be comfortable in your multie. And it’s no secret that we get the very best results when we perform at our utmost comfort.
Let’s be honest for a quick second. In as much as going to the gym is fantastic and all, we can all agree that it can be a bit tedious. It’s not just the fact that we have to commute, but sometimes the public gyms can be congested. Thankfully, you won’t have to waste time waiting in line or in traffic when it comes to home gyms. You can access it whenever you want and finish a full workout in under twenty minutes!
How to make the most out of your home gym?
1. Personalize your space
The more you personalize your multie, the more you’ll look forward to training in it. The good news is that personalization doesn’t need to cost you an arm and a leg. Sometimes the right wall painting, lighting, or even music can go a long way in turning a home gym into your personal lair.
2. Cardio training
There are many reasons why you need to do cardio. One of them is that cardio helps you develop strong bones while torching that extra layer of fat. Thankfully, you don’t have to spend an awful lot when it comes to cardio. For instance, a good brand of skipping ropes may be all that you need. If you have some extra money, then go ahead and get a nice cardio bike.
3. Install a sound system
There’s just something about listening to the right music that keeps you training like your life depended on it. That’s why you might want to get a great sound system in your multie and enjoy the magic.
4. Workout timetables
Having a timetable is the best way to remain committed. Knowing what you’re supposed to do will always get you all the mental preparation that you need to work out and make the most of your home gym.
5. Buy the right brand of equipment
The right brands are not only comfortable and work perfectly. These two reasons are enough to motivate you to work out every day.
6. Work on your balance and flexibility
Most cardio-related workouts will do a great job in enhancing your balance and flexibility. The good news is you don’t have to overstrain when it comes to these two aspects. All you need is two to three exercises that started your legs and core and you’ll do just fine. In most cases, all you’ll need is a good yoga mat and a skipping rope at most.
7. Resistance training
Resistance training, or strength training, is aimed at strengthening different muscle groups. That said, it would be wise for you to come up with a workout timetable. Doing so ensures that you are targeting all muscle groups thus growing your body uniformly and without prejudice.
The Ultimate Home Gym Equipment Buying Guide
As I mentioned earlier, different individuals come with different tastes. But when it comes to getting the perfect buying the best gym equipment for your multie, there are specific criteria that have to be ticked off. Some of these essential tips include the following:
1. Personal Preference
Personal preference is a crucial aspect when it comes to choosing workout equipment for your multie. That’s why variety is significant for any brand. Some would want a specific dumbbell in black while another would want the same dumbbells but in green. Just make sure you’ve had a conversation with your family members before getting any equipment.
Doing so is vital because you’ll find out very quickly that your home gym won’t just be yours alone. Therefore, be kind enough to ask them how they’d feel if you got a black matt for the multie. You’ll be surprised how much their seemingly “inconsequential” ideas will go towards improving your home gym.
2. Functional requirements
I always advise my friends who are new to the home gym world to check the functional requirements before purchase. If you are a newbie, you should stick to equipment that is easy to set up and dismantle. But as you progress, you might want to get those that are more complex and have more functional requirements.
Allow yourself some time to marvel at the equipment and what you can do with it. Once you’re over your excitement, it’s time to ask yourself whether the material is safe or not. Ensure you are requesting assistance from an unbiased individual because most people just want to sell merchandise. You should also consider being careful around workout equipment because they can hurt you, especially if you are careless.
Things to Keep in Mind When Buying Home Gym Equipment
1. Your Budget
A multie is supposed to be something that keeps you fit without hurting your finances. Thankfully, there are many cheaper variations of the most expensive equipment, which is quite a relief. That’s why a little research wouldn’t hurt at all. Doing research will also get you stuff that can perform more than a single workout. These will not only save you money but space as well.
2. Your Personal Goals
Always go gym equipment that best serves your personal goals. Just like preferences, everyone has a different purpose. While others would love to build muscle, others might just want to lose fat and be leaner. Another may want to do some rehab after an injury. That’s why you should go for what best serves your goals.
3. Available space
The first thing you have to put into consideration is the space you have. If you have lots of space in your home, then you can get bigger or broader equipment. But, if you have limited space, you might want to go for the more compact-designed home gym equipment. In this case, I’d recommend getting an expert to help you out. If you can afford an expert, then a friend who has a home gym can give you valuable advice.
4. Number of users
If you are considering setting up your home gym, you have to find the number of users. The latter will give you a vague idea of how many benches, dumbbells, and mats you need. If you cannot get the number right, I might advise you to seek an experienced individual’s advice. The store that sells gym equipment should be an excellent place to start.
Home Gym Equipment Safety
Home gym equipment safety should be your number one priority for obvious reasons. Below are some of the safety tips you might want to implement if you haven’t already:
1. Wipe off any spillages immediately. Letting liquid stay can be the cause of a lot of unwanted accidents.
2. Oil and grease any moving parts regularly. Doing so will take care of any friction that can end up hurting
3. Invest in legit rubber mats. These will go a long way in softening the fall, thus saving your equipment from extensive damage.
4. Install the mirrors away from any equipment to avoid any unwanted accidents from happening. Do the same with the electronics that you have installed in your multi in the name of personalization.
Best Home Gym Equipment Maintenance Guide
Just like any other piece of equipment, the ones in your home gym will need regular maintenance. Around the clock, maintenance will keep them working smoothly while keeping them safe from frequent breakdowns. That said, you need to understand that each piece of equipment comes with its own set of rules when it comes to maintenance.
For instance, a right roller will need thorough wiping and some creasing around the wheel axle. Your yoga mat, on the other hand, will only need a rigorous wipe down. All you’ll need is a piece of cloth rinsed in warm, disinfected water. There are two kinds of maintenance procedures. These include corrective and preventive maintenance procedures. Corrective maintenance is often carried out after your home gym equipment has broken down.
Preventive maintenance is carried out to prevent any breakdowns from happening. You are required to carry out preventive maintenance every six months to be on the safe side. Below are some essential tips you can employ when maintaining most of your home gym equipment:
1. Regular wiping
A regular wipe down does wonders when it comes to getting rid of the dust. For this, you might want to invest in a good brand of gym wipe dispenser. Also, invest in a good mop to get rid of any spillage.
Make sure you are lubricating all the equipment that comes with moving parts. Doing so will protect the machine from wear as a result of constant friction.
3. Regular software updates.
We use different applications to monitor our vitals, calories burned, distance covered, etc. They, too, should be updated regularly.
4. Sticking to the manual.
Always sticking to the manuals ensures that you’re doing the right thing at all times. The latter eliminates the chances of misuse that might lead to damage both to you and the machine.
Question 1: Do I need a personal trainer in my home gym?
No, not in this day and age. The internet has made it easy for anyone to access thousands of home training videos. All you need is punching the right keywords, and you’ll be sorted. But you can get one if you want though it’ll be hard, especially with Covid-19 still ravaging the world.
Question 2: Can I design my own home gym equipment?
I wouldn’t recommend it. Unless you’re qualified in that field, doing so will only expose you in danger. It’s always better to just save and buy.
Question 3: How much does it cost to set up a multie?
It depends on several variables. These variables include your choice of equipment, your budget, and your personal goals. That said, you might want to have at least $500 for a start. You can add more stuff with time.
Question 4: Can I buy second-hand equipment for my home gym?
Of course, you can. Just make sure you are getting yours from a legit source. Doing so will save you from wasting money on faulty workout gear.
Question 5: How can I cut costs when buying home gym gear?
Starting small is always the way to go. You can end up cutting costs by getting multipurpose equipment.
In the end, a home gym is supposed to be your lair, a place you go to feed on the workout. But for you to enjoy your proverbial meal, you’ll first of all have to get the right equipment. Even though I highly recommend each of the gadgets in my best home gym equipment list, feel free to do your own research. There’re much other equipment that can provide similar value.
Also, make sure that you make your multie your own. Make it a place that your friends can see your personality in it. Don’t worry if you can’t do it yourself. Many interior designers out there are capable of bringing the idea in your head to life without breaking a sweat. And they’ll do it affordably.
Finally, always remember to take your time. Rushing to get a full set in your home gym is the bane of all mistakes and regrets. As I stated earlier, always start small. You can start with a bench and then build everything around it while seeking advice from qualified personnel. That said, good luck establishing your home gym!